Facebook Dos and Don’ts for Business
29 Sep 2017 (11:49)
Giving your followers a better experience on Facebook involves putting some thought and care into writing status updates. Always post with engagement in your mind. You want your readers to engage with the post. So it’s important to create a reader experience.
Here are some tips on how to make the most of Facebook for your organisation with these tips:
- Keep your post text short and simple
- Write posts that your followers will want to read
- Pay attention to your insights and post at the most optimal times of the day
- Make use of Facebook ads. Set a budget and boost some of your most engaging posts.
- Vary your posts content and don’t forget to proofread!
- Forget to post video content. Visual elements and video work very well on Facebook.
- Post too often. Depending on your business you can only get away with posting a few times each day. Remember it’s quality over quantity!
- Be slow to respond. Respond to messages and comments as quickly as you can.
- Don’t ask for likes and share – it looks desperate! Instead try to encourage your followers to like and follow your page in a more subtle way. Make sure to celebrate your social media milestones such as getting to 100, 500, or even 1,000 likes on your page.
- Sell sell sell. Don’t focus on selling all the time. Try to throw in a light-hearted unrelated post for every 2/3 business related posts
There are plenty of opinions out there on the best way to use Facebook. The most important thing to do is to take care writing your posts and make them as engaging as possible.